Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wow (knitting olympics sweater)

The river forest gansey from Handknit Holidays is harder than I had thought. Turns out I'm not nearly as good at reading a chart as I had thought I was. Darn WS rows - if it weren't for them, I'd have a lot more knitted right now (I figure I've frogged almost as much yarn as I've knitted at this point). Still, I have made quite a bit of progress. Here's the proof:



As you can see, I've almost reached the neck shaping. I figure I'll be there in about another 2-3 rows. The tree pattern at the top of the sweater is where the charts really got me in trouble.

So would this be considered aran knitting? Or is aran knitting only when you're knitting cables? Regardless, and despite the challenges & frustrations of this pattern, knitting this sweater is fun!

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Meri said...

Looks good so far! Keep it up!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger JoLene said...

Yes, it is indeed Aran Knitting. Well, part of it is traditional anyway. The Tree of Life Motif is a traditional one seen in that type of knitting. I know what you mean about charts being tricky. Sometimes they are that way for me, too. Glad you are enjoying it though. It looks good, and I am sure it will be beautiful when you are done.

JoLene Treace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home