Thursday, February 09, 2006

Objects, finished and unfinished


This is the scarf I made for my mom for Christmas. It is 12 repeats of a double leaf pattern taken from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I spun the yarn on my Bossies, plying a singles of chocolate brown alpaca and a singles of silk in the "black forest" colorway from . It turned out pretty well, I think.



These are the log cabin socks which I knitted for my mil from Rowan Cork in the "vapor" color. Imagine that there is a finished pair of socks in this picture. Why do you have to imagine the socks? B/c my mil will not give them up for even a minute to be photographed, which is rather flattering, really. Note to self: next time, finish knitting, take picture, then give gift.



And here is my lone log cabin sock - the one who will be mateless until I finish dh's 2nd sock. Sigh. I've started wearing it with my mateless spindle sock, also mentioned in the previous post, at least within the confines of my house. They might not match, at all, but they sure are comfy.



View 1 of the Duncan pullover from Jamieson's Shetland Knitting 1. Stranded knitting is fun! Takes forever, though, especially when you have multiple projects going on at once. You can see the pattern in this pic.



View 2 of the Duncan pullover. As you can see, I follow Kaffe Fassett's method of knitting with multiple color strands - just let them all hang down, tease out the strand you need at any given point, and occasionally comb your fingers through them to keep them from getting tangled. It was scary at first, but now I love this method.




Here are two shots of Ian in his new sweater. I knitted it with Elsebeth Lavold silky tweed and finished it with handmade ceramic buttons. Think I could've done a better job sewing the seams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home