Friday, January 27, 2006

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Prescience? Or just my usual pessimistic attitude being held out by cold hard facts? Looks like we're not going home at all. Still no contract letter for Dave - the letter, btw, which he was first supposed to have on Monday, and then by end of workday today. No reply from his contact, either - so not a good sign. So it looks like we're going to have to cancel our trip home & the showings of houses we're interested in. We won't be listing our house fs either - this after a backbreaking, nervewracking, exhausting week for me of replacing ceiling tiles, fixing holes in walls, chipping off cracked paint, spackling, priming, painting, cleaning, straightening, freecycling everything we can't use...dammit dammit dammit. Motherfuckers, as Jane would say. The disappointment is huge. Oh, and now I'll have no income this semester, and for no reason, since I'm going to be an official nonresident of Hopkins - which means I won't even be able to use the library. Not a problem if we would have been in Columbus - OSU's library is better - but now I'll be left only with the resources (hah!) that Harrisburg has to offer (negligible might be understating the case). See previous comment re dammit. I just want to cry, but that would make Dave feel bad, and I'm sure he's feeling bad enough already, he really wanted this damn job. This really really sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home